Senior Data Specialist
The Hague, NL - Engineering
About the job
At Beatgrid, we are changing the world of media measurement. We have created the new gold standard of TV and cross-media measurement and work closely with our clients such as Google, Unilever, P&G, Mars, GSK, and many more.
Take this unique opportunity, and join us on this growth journey. In this position, you’ll work closely with clients’ requirements to build the world’s best advertising and cross-media audience measurement platform.
You must be an extraordinary Marketing Science Data Specialist that enjoys resolving client advertising campaign measurement and data queries. You’ll be responsible for analyzing various datasets with the Beatgrid database platform and will work to improve efficiencies with handling client data queries and within the department, by automating various processes and improving the overall quality of delivery.
In this position, you’ll work with both our client and engineering team to help resolve various market research, and marketing science challenges that are presented by our clients.
Resolving Client Data Issues
- Recognizing the problem and what data is needed to resolve the problem.
- Combining different types of data sets to produce easy-to-use singular data sets, usually in SPSS. This could mean unstacking or stacking data to appropriately merge different data sets.
- Creating variables needed to do a proper data investigation.
- Understanding sampling methodology that impacts data outcomes, such as incidence, drop rates, invitation type, survey routing, tenure, sourcing, etc.
- Analyzing data, considering market trends, and summarize information that can be shared directly with a client.
- Analyzing various internal data sets to help improve overall survey taking experience, company efficiencies, and improved methodology.
- Accessing and pulling data from large complex databases.
Skills and experience
- HBO/University degree in statistics/methods, computer science, computer engineering, social sciences, or equivalent.
- Advanced degree preferred.
5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Professional experience with SPSS and/or Excel in analyzing data, with the ability to use basic functionalities such as VLOOKUP, IF and pivot tables.
- Intermediate understanding of programming languages such as Visual Basic and Python to design custom solutions or macros for the internal team or the company at large.
- Knowledge of Tableau, SQL databases, and/or Snowflake is a plus.
- Capable of quickly familiarizing. yourself with client projects and the Beatgrid methodology.
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly.
- Combine and manipulate data sets.
- Problem solve under circumstances that have never arisen before.
- Creatively apply learnings from past investigations to different circumstances.
- Attention to detail with an understanding of what impacts survey results.
- Ability to successfully lead initiatives across functional teams/areas.
- Competent in fundamentals of statistics with the ability to communicate data-related topics, such as normal distribution, variance, standard deviation, etc.
- Demonstrates critical thinking, problem-solving, curiosity, creativity, and collaboration.
- Attitude towards improving knowledge and learning, trying to find the best practices.
- Open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Embrace best practices.
- Getting-things-done mentality
What's in it for you
- Competitive salary.
- Employee Stock Options (optional).
- An abundance of exciting tech challenges.
- Company retreats and fun events.
- Flexible working hours.
- Possibility to work from home when needed.
- 24 vacation days.
How to apply?
At Beatgrid, we believe that the power of our cross-media solutions resides in the happiness and wellbeing of our team. The success of our business growth is a direct consequence of having a healthy corporate culture.
We are on the path to becoming the future of cross-media measurement, but this is only achievable when blending a passion for work with life enjoyment.
We are always looking for world-class talent, ready to tackle new daily ambitious challenges that will ultimately shape the future of cross-media measurement.
(Please refrain from applying if you don’t have a valid VISA to work in the Netherlands).